0.4.2 - 10-FEB-2002
is it ?
Bob Hood's MidiMan Object Agent (MidiMan.zip
- 27KB) to convert MIDI
messages into data which can be used in LightWave
3D. i.e. :
- realtime control of Layout items
- convert MIDI messages to keyframes
- convert MIDI messages to points in Modeler
polyphony / event distribution
- interactive learning for realtime control
MidiProcessMA.ls: (Realtime Recorder for Layout)
- quite stable & usable
- records events from all 16 channels simultaneously in realtime
- Velocity, NoteOn/Off and PitchWheel messages are converted to keyframes
- a special "stroke"
channel is created and "stroke" keyframes are created at NoteOn event times
- to do: polyphony, implement other events (aftertouch, ctlchange,...), better
mapping to existing channels, ...
- now NOTEON events with a velocity
of 0 are recognized as NOTEOFF
- NOTEOFF keyframes are now only created in the velocity channel
MidiCaptureMD.ls (Realtime Recorder for Modeler)
- v0.1 beta (experimental)
- records on all 16 channels and converts NoteOn
messages to points
Midi_MapperMA.ls (Realtime Event Mapper)
- v0.2 beta (experimental)
- basic functionality works, not really usable for animating
- todo: a lot :)
MIDIConfGN.ls (Global MIDI IN/OUT Port Configuration)
- calls mididevs.exe and reads available IN/OUT devices
- user can select default IN/OUT device
- selection is stored in the registry for use by other MidiMan scripts
Please read the notes in the source code headers for additional infos.
The scripts are freeware. They can not be resold/published in any form for commercial purpose.
Copyright © 2002
Special credits to Bob Hood (LScript/MidiMan) & Jake Carvey (LW_Joystick).
Send suggestions, bug reports, ideas, donations.... to d|ver
Good Tutorial for setting up MIDI input & MidiMan)
(MIDI YOKE, Virtual MIDI Router, Windows 9x and NT/2k/XP
Loopback Device / MIDI Joystick (Virtual
MIDI Patch Cables, Joystick2MIDI driver for NT4)
driver for Win 2000)
MIDI Translator (converts
sysex to controllers and more, useful for faders/knobs that send sysex,
send keystrokes to any windows app)
(MIDI over TCP/IP for Windows, dialog based peer2peer)
MIDI Utilities (more than 20 command line
utilities for Windows and Unix, MIDI over TCP/IP daemon and client, including
MIDI Utilities (Local Mirror)
to Animation Project, nice inspiration)
Post Process Options:
Number, Velocity & Stroke Channels:
© 2002 interia labs. All rights reserved.